“...an unconventional journey to stardom...a beautiful voice...extremely talented...”
— Alyse Hand, co-host CTV Atlantic
Hailing from Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia Canada, Jason Price is a talented singer-songwriter whose music is heavily influenced by the likes of Randy Travis, Brooks and Dunn, and other country legends. With his captivating stage presence and unmistakable baritone voice, Jason has quickly become a crowd favorite. Jason's "True Roots" brand of Country Music brings the flavour of current country with hints and honest tones of classic country music.
In 2015, Jason recorded his debut album, "Grit, Guts and Country Pride" at Oceanway and OMNI Studios in Nashville, TN, just four short years after picking up his first guitar and teaching himself to play. Accompanied by some of Nashville's finest musicians, Jason's debut album was a testament to his raw talent and dedication to his craft.
In 2020, Jason released his second album, '27', which was produced by Canadian Country Music Association Hall of Honor member Jason Barry at Barrytones Studio in Miramichi, NB. This album showcases Jason's exceptional songwriting skills, from the opening line of the song 'When Music Was Enough', where he challenges the listener to "Imagine George (Jones), begging for our votes for He Stopped Loving Her Today", to the playful and summery 'Let's Be Us Again'. The album also features two duets with Stephanie Beaumont and Jenn Sheppard, respectively.
Overall, Jason's journey in the music industry has been nothing short of remarkable. From hosting a television special to performing for military troops and sharing the stage with renowned artists, he has proven himself to be a talented and versatile musician. His latest album, '27', is a testament to his growth as an artist and his ability to captivate audiences with his unique sound and storytelling.
Jason is presently engaged in developing his upcoming studio project, which is expected to feature singles that will be released in late spring of 2023.
- 2015 Recorded debut Album Grit, Guts and Country Pride at OMNI and Oceanway Studios in Nashville TN.
- 2015 CCMA Road to Halifax Songwriters Circle with Michelle Wright in Yarmouth, NS
- 2015 & 2016 TV Host of the Cavendish Beach Music Festival Special by Bell Community TV, interviewing artists such as Alan Doyle, High Valley, Jimmy Rankin, Gordie Sampson and more.
- 2016 Travelled to Kuwait to play for the Canadian and American Armed Forces with Tebey and Shaun Verreault of Wide Mouth Mason
- 2016 Nominated for Country Recording of the Year, Music Nova Scotia
- 2017 Nominated for Country Recording of the Year, East Coast Music Awards
- 2017 Attended SOCAN Songwriting workshop at ECMA
- Have been a special guest with Brett Kissell, JoJo Mason, Aaron Goodvin, Terri Clark, Lonestar, Chad Brownlee, Michelle Wright
- 2019 Recorded “27” at Barrytone Studios with CCMA Hall of Honor Member Jason Barry
- 2020 Released “27”
- 2021 Created, Produced, and began Hosting the podcast “Who Should I Be Talking To?”